Wow, these sprints are rattling along!
It’s the end of Sprint 4 already and I completed all the stories. Towards the end of the sprint I came across a rather frustrating issue with the collisions in the game but this turned out to be something I’d overlooked and easy to fix… albeit after spending a couple of hours researching Unity’s collision detection and reviewing all my code. I’ll write a blog post about that separately as I think it may help others.
The end of this sprint represents a bit of a mile stone though as the game has reached first-playable status. It’s not “code complete” yet but I can play the game.
Tasks completed this sprint:
- Player bubble burst and (re)instantiate
- Detect touch position based on game area and not pixels
- Instantiate NPC bubbles at game start up
- Stop NPC bubbles from overlapping
- Fix NPC bubble jitter at the edges of game area
- Fix collisions being detected inconsistently
- Set collisions between player bubble and NPC bubbles
- Reviewed use of game constants (was originally planning on moving them)
- Further work on migrating RF1 to Django 1.6
- Finished reading “Casual Revolution” (3/5 stars)