I’ve been on holiday this week so haven’t had much time to do anything. However, I…
- Updated the Glossary from CakePHP 2.6.3 to 2.7.1. This resulted in a few minor changes to remove some deprecated code but seemed fairly painless (so far).
I’m really pleased to announce that Bubblision is now available on SlideMe:
Up until now Bubblision has only been on Google Play but over the next few weeks I hope to add Bubblision to some of the other app stores.
I also tried to register as a seller on Samsung Galaxy Apps but their site is currently rejecting signups. Bizarrely they set somewhat draconian restrictions on passwords… 6-15 alphanumeric characters but their site currently rejects passwords matching this. Sigh, it would be nice to support special characters and why the restriction if the password is stored encrypted…? I’ll just wait and try registering again in a couple of weeks.
Other things I’ve done:
- Updated the Glossary to CakePHP 2.6.2
- Started work on RF1 changes for 2015
The start of the year has been pretty busy and so I’m not expecting to be able to work on many other projects for a bit.
However, this week I:
- Migrated the Glossary to CakePHP 2.6.0
- Upgrade RF1 to Django 1.6.10
- Set my goals for 2015
I didn’t get much time to work on Bubblision this week. However, I did:
- Do a test upgrade to Django 1.6.8 for RF1
- Start work on migrating the AES Glossary from CakePHP to Django
I’ve decided that there doesn’t seem to be a good reason to carry on using CakePHP for the AES Glossary so I’m planning on migrating this to Django. I’ve some other projects for the AES site and I just can’t face doing them in CakePHP when I know how quickly I could get them done in Django. There’s nothing particularly wrong with CakePHP, it’s just that I know Django a lot better now and prefer to use that (and Python).
Some tasks completed during this sprint:
- Finished the save/load game functionality
- Game is saved automatically on pause and on exit
- When opting to play a game you now get a choice or load a saved game or start again
- Added a setting screen (moved sound and accessibility settings to it)
- Added code to improve the accessibility of the game
- Updated RF1 to support double points at the end of the season (also added an integration test for this)
- Updated RF1 to Django 1.6.6
- Updated RF1 to Django 1.6.7
- Updated Glossary to CakePHP 2.5.4
- Carried on reading Theory of Fun for Game Design