This time of year I tend to be very focused on RF1 so I’ve largely been working on that:

  • RF1 – Added SSL to the test site
  • RF1 – Redeployed the test site using Python 3.6 and virtualenv
  • RF1 – Created a monitoring page and changed monitoring to point to new page
  • RF1 – Redeployed the production site using Python 3.6 and virtualenv
  • RF1 – switched to using pip-compile for requirements.txt

This week I’ve:

  • RF1 – upgraded to Django 1.11.20
  • RF1 – completed work to allow the application to run using Python 3 instead of Python 2.7
  • RF1 – looked into using virtualenv in production
  • RF1 – updated the code to use a year specific value for the cost of a team change
  • Misc – set up monitoring

This week I’ve:-

  • Oversteer Racing – updated to Unity 2018.3.1f1
  • Oversteer Racing – updated rival cars to turn wheels during cornering
  • RF1 – updated to use mysqlclient instead of MySQL-Python
  • RF1 – updated T&Cs for coming season
  • RF1 – updated VagrantFile to use an anonymised and encrypted database during the build

SunUp – #19-02

A busy week but I’ve:

  • Oversteer Racing – wrote the final dev blogs for 2018 (a bit late ;-))
  • Misc – submitted my company accounts
  • Misc – submitted my company tax return

My goals for 2019 are (spoiler: remarkably similar to my 2018 goals):

  • Reach a minimum of “beta” status with Oversteer Racing
  • Do at least three #screenshotsaturdays
  • Set aside some dedicated time each week to work on Oversteer Racing
  • Read 10 books
  • Tweet at least 10 times about Oversteer Racing
  • Make another kit

It’s time to review my goals for 2018:-

  • Reach a minimum of “beta” status with Oversteer Racing – FAIL, still a long way off
  • Do at least three #screenshotsaturdays – Partial, I managed two (#1, #2)
  • Set aside some dedicated time each week to work on my own projects – Partial
  • Read 10 books – DONE
  • Tweet at least 15 times about Oversteer Racing – FAIL, I only did five
  • Make a kit… mainly because I haven’t made one for almost 30 years and I fancy making one – DONE, I made a 1/72 Red Arrows Folland Gnat 🙂

Hmmm, not great but better than last year as I scored 3/6