Bubblision – Sprint 3 complete & SunUp #7

Well, I have to say that I didn’t think I’d complete all the tasks I’d allocated to this sprint. The tasks themselves were a bit tricky and on top of that a combination of people visiting us, the kids having colds and me having to do some unexpected work on another project meant I didn’t have much time to devote to this sprint.

That said, I managed to complete the tasks and I’m pleased with progress. Although you could argue that completing the tasks despite not having much time to work on the project suggests I underestimated what I’d be able to get done in the first place.

The tasks I completed on Bubblision were:

  • NPC bubble bursting and removal
  • Created artwork for the spikes at the bottom of the playing area
  • Particles for the NPC burst
  • Created the player bubble asset and randomised the colour
  • Launched the player bubble on tap

Aside from all the tasks listed I’ve also created another progress video. This time I did it on a different Windows machine using VLC and it’s turned out ok (albeit with no sound yet). I tried to use Jing on the same machine but the results were as dismal as before so I’m putting this down to the software now and not hardware (as I had before). I won’t attempt to use it again.

SunUp #7

  • Upgraded the Glossary to CakePHP 2.4.2 (again!)
  • Moved an entire website (3,000 files and five databases) to a new host (in less than 24hrs) due to a hardware failure
  • Wrote a blog post about the move
  • Sweated over whether I got some DNS changes correct, I had 😉
  • Read more of Casual Revolution