Archives

All posts for the month March, 2014

SunUp #14-13

As predicted I’ve not done anything on Bubblision over the last week.

I have done a few other things though:

  • Tweaked some of my backups on Amazon EC2
  • I’ve made some minor updates to RealityF1
  • Worked on the Back Link profile for one of my sites

Sprint stories

I’ve a lot on over the next couple of weeks so I’m not going to have much time to spend on Bubblision. For that reason I’m only going to attempt to…

  1. Write some tests

Expected duration

Two weeks (ending 06/04/2014)

In the last sprint I completed:

  1. Stop new bubbles overlapping
  2. Made re-instantiated bubbles faster
  3. Stopped the ‘slow down’ power-up being shown when only one bubble remains
  4. Cleared power-ups when the last bubble has burst (i.e. end of the game)
  5. Tweaked the text colour used in the ‘end game’ screen
  6. Read the Unity documentation on testing
  7. Play testing

A few other things I did:

  1. Did some analysis on link profiles and thin content (SEO) for one of my sites

It’s been an interesting week and I’ve been working on a wide range of things:

  • I’ve moved more of my backups to Amazon EC2
    • I also wrote some notes on how to set this up so it’s less of a chore next time 😉
  • I upgraded the Glossary so it’s now using CakePHP 2.4.6
  • I’ve made some minor updates to RealityF1 and done the scores for the first race of the season
  • I’ve also done a lot of reading about various aspects of Search Engine Optimisation, specifically:
    • Back link profiles
    • Thin content

Unfortunately I’ve not managed to do any work on Bubblision this week so still have plenty to do for the rest of this sprint.

As predicted I didn’t have much time to work on Bubblision during this sprint. I did manage to:

  1. Review some of the ad networks (I’m currently thinking of using Google’s AdMob)
  2. Work on the final game screen
  3. Add the current high score to the main game screen

A few other things I did:

  1. Added a couple of new awards to Reality F1
  2. Did some work on the Glossary as I found a bug when working in the admin area using Chrome. Chrome has inbuilt validation of HTML5 input elements but CakePHP uses hidden fields for form metadata etc. For some reason Chrome wants you to complete these and prevents submission until you do… but the fields are hidden so you can’t complete them. The solution is to switch off validation in Chrome with the novalidation attribute to the form element:

SunUp #14-09

As expected I spent all of last week working on my fantasy F1 game and launching it for the new season. I’ve had about 100 sign ups in three days which is pretty good.

I hope to get a bit more done on Bubblision next week but am committed to doing a few other things on some of the evenings so time will be short.