Archives

All posts for the month January, 2018

This week I’ve mostly:

  • Glossary: upgraded to CakePHP 2.10.7 now that this has been released following a fix to the bug I’d identified and then tested the fix for in 2.10.6
  • Oversteer Racing: I’ve been working on creating a smoother transition when we change the level of drag or rolling resistance on the cars (for example, when getting a ‘tow’ from the car in front or when off the track). I’m quite pleased how this has turned out as it looks nicer but also allows you to carry speed from following a car when moving out to over take it.
  • Oversteer Racing: fixed a bug causing the car not to suffer damage when colliding with the wall around the edge of the circuit.

My goals for 2018 are:

  1. Reach a minimum of “beta” status with Oversteer Racing
  2. Do at least three #screenshotsaturdays
  3. Set aside some dedicated time each week to work on my own projects
  4. Read 10 books
  5. Tweet at least 15 times about Oversteer Racing
  6. Make a kit… mainly because I haven’t made one for almost 30 years and I fancy making one

Back in January 2017 I set some goals for myself for the coming year… it’s now time to see how I did:

  1. Reach a minimum of “Beta” status with my next game (or better ;-)) and get it out to my playtesters – FAIL, huge FAIL, I’m nowhere near BETA status
  2. Do at least two #screenshotsaturday’s again – I managed one (22/04/2017) so PARTIAL
  3. Find more time to work on my own projects – PARTIAL
  4. Be happier at work – PARTIAL

OK, so a pretty poor year in terms of these goals and I scored only 1.5/4… must try harder!