Archive of posts with the category 'Testing'

SunUp #17-18

This week I’ve: Oversteer Racing: updated code to remove deprecated API references for level loading Oversteer Racing: updated code for the particle system as some of the current code is deprecated Oversteer Racing: written the latest dev blog Glossary: removed AddThis as it cannot be configured not to set cookies any more RF1: set up Bitbucket Pipelines to run automated tests for RF1 Misc: switched over my backups to the new EC2 instance Misc: drafted a... Read on

Bubblision – Sprint 12 complete & SunUp #14-12

In the last sprint I completed: Stop new bubbles overlapping Made re-instantiated bubbles faster Stopped the ‘slow down’ power-up being shown when only one bubble remains Cleared power-ups when the last bubble has burst (i.e. end of the game) Tweaked the text colour used in the ‘end game’ screen Read the Unity documentation on testing Play testing A few other things I did: Did some analysis on link profiles and thin content (SEO) for one... Read on

Bubblision – Sprint 10 start

I’m expecting to have to spend some time on my fantasy F1 project in the next couple of weeks so I can launch it well ahead of the coming season. This means I’ll only be able to put in a limited amount of time on Bubblision and just have a few stories to focus on (albeit important ones). Sprint stories Create the GUI for all remaining screens Sort out the correct scaling for various screen... Read on

Using SimpleTest with CakePHP 2 (can you?)

In order to help migrate a CakePHP 1.3 app to CakePHP 2 I wanted to get the SimpleTests I created for 1.3 working in v2 so that I can be sure the migration has worked correctly. The Cake docs suggest that SimpleTest will work with CakePHP 2: Of course you can continue to use SimpleTest in your application by replacing the related files. Well… maybe you can but I tried a few different things... Read on

Using a test database with CakePHP1.3 and SimpleTest’s WebTestCase

Background The background to this project is that I’m having to migrate an existing CakePHP 1.3 application to CakePHP 2. Most importantly I want to be able to test the application once I’ve migrated it (using the same test suite used in 1.3) to make sure it still works as expected. Once that’s done I can deploy the upgraded app and then set about re-writing the tests to use PHPUnit. The CakePHP 2 migration notes... Read on