Sprints

Released what I hope will be the final alpha of Bubblision before the initial release.

Some tasks completed during this sprint:

  • Fixed a number of minor bugs
  • Updated GameAnalytics and Google Play Services
  • Added privacy policy
  • Updated list of play testers
  • Created (and added) a sound for levelling up

Some other things I did:

  • Celebrated Christmas 🙂
  • Started work on the company website

The main achievement for this sprint has been releasing a third alpha of Bubblision – this latest alpha introduces the new level system.

Some tasks completed during this sprint:

  • Created the level system
  • Changes some of the particle effects
  • Limited power-ups to only showing after level three
  • Record the highest level a player reaches
  • Added a “Paused” message when paused
  • Created a pop-up screen between levels

Other tasks:

  • Added a blog post to the company website

I started implementing some of the feedback from the alpha testers during this sprint. I’ve not reached the point where I can release a third alpha yet but that’s the main aim for the next sprint.

Some tasks completed during this sprint:

  • Moved the GUI for identifying the player bubble below the release point
  • Moved the score text around to improve the look of the game screen
  • Updated Google Play Game Services
  • Started work on the level system

Some other things I did:

  • Carried on porting the Glossary to Django
  • Wrapped-up RF1 for another season

Some tasks completed during this week:

  1. Moved the GUI for identifying the player bubble below the release point
  2. Moved the score text around to improve the look of the game screen
  3. Updated Google Play Game Services
  4. Started work on the level system

Sprint stories

My priorities for this sprint are to work on some of the feedback from the alpha testers:-

  1. Better GUI for accessible version to identify player bubble
  2. Show leaderboard immediately after logging in
  3. Add level system

Expected duration

Two weeks (ending 30/11/2014)

Had another reasonable sprint and made good progress, including releasing the first (and second) Alpha of Bubblision.

Some tasks completed during this sprint:

  • Reworked the Google Play Game Services screen
  • Tweaked design of “Log out” button
  • Released the first Alpha of the game to my group of testers (12/11/2014)
  • Auto-submit scores on logging in (feedback)
  • Design tweaks to “Play” button (feedback)
  • Refactored the AdMob integration to fix a bug where an ad might appear on the game screen
  • Released second Alpha (15/11/2014)