Archives

All posts for the month November, 2014

I started implementing some of the feedback from the alpha testers during this sprint. I’ve not reached the point where I can release a third alpha yet but that’s the main aim for the next sprint.

Some tasks completed during this sprint:

  • Moved the GUI for identifying the player bubble below the release point
  • Moved the score text around to improve the look of the game screen
  • Updated Google Play Game Services
  • Started work on the level system

Some other things I did:

  • Carried on porting the Glossary to Django
  • Wrapped-up RF1 for another season

Some tasks completed during this week:

  1. Moved the GUI for identifying the player bubble below the release point
  2. Moved the score text around to improve the look of the game screen
  3. Updated Google Play Game Services
  4. Started work on the level system

Sprint stories

My priorities for this sprint are to work on some of the feedback from the alpha testers:-

  1. Better GUI for accessible version to identify player bubble
  2. Show leaderboard immediately after logging in
  3. Add level system

Expected duration

Two weeks (ending 30/11/2014)

Had another reasonable sprint and made good progress, including releasing the first (and second) Alpha of Bubblision.

Some tasks completed during this sprint:

  • Reworked the Google Play Game Services screen
  • Tweaked design of “Log out” button
  • Released the first Alpha of the game to my group of testers (12/11/2014)
  • Auto-submit scores on logging in (feedback)
  • Design tweaks to “Play” button (feedback)
  • Refactored the AdMob integration to fix a bug where an ad might appear on the game screen
  • Released second Alpha (15/11/2014)