My goals for 2017 are as follows:
- Reach a minimum of “Beta” status with my next game (or better ;-)) and get it out to my playtesters
- Do at least two #screenshotsaturday’s again
- Find more time to work on my own projects
- Be happier at work – at this time I don’t know what this means but I’ve not been happy at work for a while and I need to address this…. somehow.
Well, it’s hard to put a positive spin on many things in 2016… I’m still reeling from the Brexit and Trump votes 🙁
- Reach either “first playable” or “Beta” status with my next game (or better ;-)) – FAIL (I’ve done a fair amount but no escaping this as a fail)
- Do at least two #screenshotsaturday’s – DONE 30/07/2016 and 29/10/2016
- Do at least one presentation/talk about my games – DONE 17/02/2016
- Find more time to work on my own projects – PARTIAL
- I’ve reduced some external commitments and improved my organisational skills by using Todoist.
Score: 2.5/4 – not bad…
So, an OK year then and a bit better than 2015. However, the lack of time is still a concern and definitely an issue for the coming year.
There’s lots going on at the moment as it’s the festive period so I’ve not had much time to work on things. That said I did:
- Oversteer Racing: updated the I2 Localization plug-in
- Oversteer Racing: added some notes to the wiki to make syncing the Google sheet of translations with the game easier in future
- Oversteer Racing: did some work on the draft UI
- Oversteer Racing: added a lot more tasks to Pivotal and set a beta release point
- Misc: updated my annual zeitgeist