For a variety of reasons I’ve not had as much time to devote to my game project as I’d hoped this week. As a result I’m a bit behind where I’d like to be in terms of the current sprint. That said, I still managed to complete a couple of tasks:
- The non-player bubbles now burst (albeit the particles still needing a lot of work) and are removed from the game area if they reach a certain point
- Created art work for the spikes at the bottom of the playing area although on import the texture loses some quality so I need to investigate that issue
Part of the reason why I’ve not achieved as much as I’d hoped this week is that the web server that hosts another project I look after had a hardware failure. Getting the site sorted out has been a frustrating process (despite me having full backups). I plan to write a separate post about that sorry episode so won’t go into it here.
Other things I did over the last week:
- Migrated the Glossary to CakePHP 2.4 – only to have that work lost through no fault of my own. Thankfully my code is all in Git so no big deal.
- Migrated RF1 to Django 1.5.5
- Read a tiny bit more of Casual Revolution
- Listened to a few more talks form Casual Connect