After a slow start I managed to get a few things done during this sprint. I’ve still been unable to fix the duplicate player bubble issue and this will have to roll over to the next sprint. I’ve a few things left to try, including a rewrite of the code, as a lot of the other things I’ve tried haven’t worked. To date I’ve tried making the player bubble a singleton, trying to detect and remove duplicates and also adding code to detect if the player bubble was destroyed/created and stopping the creation of a second. So far the problem still happens (albeit very occasionally) but I’ll focus on it in the next sprint.
Tasks completed this sprint:
- Adjusted size of the collider on the NPC bubbles – this makes for more realistic and predictable collisions
- Adjusted the point at which the NPC bubbles burst on spikes as this could cause odd behaviour with the release of the player bubble
- Added a particle system for collisions between the player bubble and power-ups
- Added code to detect collisions between player bubble and power-ups and added code to:-
- Slow down all NPC bubbles
- Increment a score multiplier
- Recreate a previously burst NPC bubble
- Created an app icon
If you’re interested the app icon I’ve come up with as follows. I’ll see how this goes but I’m pretty happy with it at the moment.
- Carried on reading Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Design
- Upgraded the development version of RF1 to Django 1.6