During this sprint I managed to start a few things on Bubblision but didn’t finish any major items:
- Did some play testing
- Read a tutorial on integrating Google’s game services and specifically AdMob
- Made some changes to the shaders I use to improve performance
- Reduced rigidbody radius of the player bubble
- Spent a lot of time investigating the jerky motion you can sometimes get on game start up. The issue is intermittent and better/worse at different bubble speeds; it also seems to disappear completely after the second play of the game. After reverting the code to previous versions I think this issue has been around for a while but less noticeable i.e. it doesn’t seem to be a specific error introduced into the code. I need to spend more time looking at how FixedUpdate and the syncing of the refresh rate on the handset can cause the jerkiness when moving items using transform.
A few other things I did:
- Read some more of Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Design … almost finished it
- Had some time off
- Did further investigations into company setup and the best structures etc.